Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sweet Baby


A friend and fellow Guider recently had a baby boy. I really liked a card made by Melanie Muenchinger found here. Unfortunately, I didn't have a stork image, but I adapted what I do have. The baby stamp is from my "inheritance"! Some of you will remember that last year my brother and his wife bought a house that they had been house sitting. At the time I was in Toronto on course and was itching to go to a Scrapbooking store. Well, I was staying at a hotel in an industrial area and the nearest Scrapbooking store was a $27 cab ride each way. I weighed my odds, and figured I could get a lot of supplies for $54 so I stayed put and sulked! It was during my sulking that my brother emailed me and said that he found a box of stamps down in the basement and that if I didn't want them he was going to throw them in the garbage. Well, that was a prize indeed. I returned home the next day and shortly after arriving Sheldon and Melanie started bringing in boxes. My "inheritance" totalled approximately 150 stamps, papers, inkpads, cleaning solution, envelopes, a stamp-a-ma-jig of another brand name with the placement papers, and a duplicating machine to duplicate your card pattern using tubes of ink which were included. Talk about 7th heaven! The stamps all seem to come from a company in Alberta called Crazy Stamps. I think the previous owner must have been a demonstrator. I've since removed all the stamps from their wooden blocks and mounted them on EZ Mount foam. The are stored in CD cases, and I am in the process of stamping the image on the CD case with Stazon. It's somewhat organized currently. I have shared much of the stash with my daughter, Amie. At the time she wasn't too interested in the stamps, but I think she has changed her tune lately. I am sending some stamps to her this week, we can rotate those as necessary. I am very grateful for my "inheritance", and am happy to share!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: