Monday, August 24, 2009

Christmas in August?


I am getting a jump on Christmas this year... at least my Christmas cards. I'll never get a jump on my Christmas shopping! lol I have been thinking about what I should do for this year's card and realized that I didn't post last years card. My inspiration came from Splitcoast Stampers, of course! It's using the Stampin' Up set "Lovely as a Tree". I didn't think I would like that set at first, but turns out I was wrong! Love it!


So I have offered to do a "Stamp-a-Stack" class at the Military Family Resource centre and I am thinking this may be one of the cards we will do. It looks much more difficult than it really is. I just need to take a trip to St. John's and get the supplies. Turns out we are going in this weekend for the John Prine concert, so that works out nicely.
The other card I am contem- plating is this red ornament card. But I don't know if I want to do something that uses the same techniques, so I am unsure. Any thoughts?

So yesterday I started a Facebook group to try and get together some paper crafters in Gander. I would love to have a club of sorts so that we can exchange ideas, share tools and just get together for a laugh or two! We'll see what falls out of that!

Oh well, gotta get back to my real job! :~)

No comments: