Monday, June 23, 2008

Card for Teacher


I am ashamed that I haven't contributed to my blog since April. Good grief.... it's been a crazy spring! Thank goodness everything is winding down. Now all I have to keep me on my toes is my expected grand-daughter. We expect her to be born on July 10th (Amie is scheduled for a c-section, so we pretty much have the date nailed down!) However, leading up to that is going to be crazy busy too. Abby is headed off to PEI on Saturday, while Aiden goes to Cub camp on Friday. Thus begins the carting around kids! But enough of that, on to the card. My inspiration comes from Michele Kovack here. As you can see, I did a pretty good job of casing her card! Thanks, Michele! I really liked this card. This will be used for Aiden's teacher, who's been a saint this year! I did the background with a stamp I bought at A Buck or Two. It's a Laura Ashley stamp and it's about 4" square. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up and create a full front stamp for this card. The Thank You is by Inkadinkadoo, and the flower is Clear Stamps by Studio-G. The glassy things came from Dollarama, as did the paper on the inside.

Well, tonight I am going to make a stamp - only the second one I've made since I got my kit for Christmas. I hope it works out, the Pathfinders will be using it to make t-shirts on their PEI trip like the ones here.

Thanks for your patience with my willy-nilly posting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat card! I love the window idea. We lost our Buck or Two, and our Dollar Store With More doesn't really carry stamps.