Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Saturday was Mom & Dad's 43rd wedding anniversary. And while I was in St. John's seeing Abby off to PEI and Aiden off to camp, I didn't forget their special day. I even managed to squeak in a phone call before the day was over. So Amie and I decided to make cards for them. I chose to case this card by Asela Hopkins. Her new set called "Botanical Dreams" is my new favourite, and I would love to own them!

The flowers are from the dollar bin at Michael's, and had a sentiment attached to the bottom of the stamp. I cut the sentiment off, so now I have 2 stamps. The HA sentiment is an acrylic one that Amie had, and I'd venture to say that it is a Studio G Clear Stamp from Michael's dollar bin, too. We bought the pearls at Michael's this weekend, they are K&Company I think. I was really pleased with the way this card turned out. It is stamped then embossed with black embossing powder. Then it's coloured with white crayon. I then used a small sponge and picked up some nectarine Colorbox Chalk ink, and then some moss green and smooshed all over the flowers. The colour is then rubbed off the flowers. Lovely!

No comments: