Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sympathy

Once again I find myself blogging with a Sympathy card. We had a tragic death in the family. Pete's cousin was killed in a car accident yesterday. She was only 19. The accident happended in Nova Scotia where she was attending university. She was a member of the Celtic Fiddler's and a wonderful singer. Total shame.

This card was made with "Close as a Memory". The flowers were embossed with clear embossing powder, then the card was sponged with 2 different colours of ink - beige and rust. The area around the sentiment was left plain. I think it give the card a soft look. The scary thing about this was that I was making this card before I knew about the accident. I try to make a few Sympathy cards at a time so that when the need arises, I have some on hand. That kinda freaked me out, and now I'm a little afraid to make any more.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: